The Checkpoint Security position aims to bolster the COVID-19 efforts Seabird Island Band has already taken. The position will assist with the overall safety of Seabird Island Band’s checkpoints and property. A person in this position will instill a strong sense of safety to all community members and employees within Seabird Island Band. The Checkpoint Security position understands their role as an ambassador for Seabird Island Band and aims to provide a positive experience to all community members. The Checkpoint Security position functions within legislative requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures. The position contributes to the mission, vision, and beliefs of the Seabird Island Band.
- Previous experience as a Security Officer or a related field is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate or willingness to acquire one
- Must be able to complete paperwork to report activity at the checkpoint as well as abnormalities or incidents
- Ability to adhere to Oath of Confidentiality and Seabird Island Band Policies and Procedures.
- Will be exposed to outdoor conditions, including a variety of temperatures and inclement weather.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and with diverse people and issues
- Must be willing to work shifts, day, night, or weekend as required.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge, respect and understanding of Stó:lō culture, traditions and language is considered an asset.
- Experience working with First Nations community is considered an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Oversee and maintain the operations of the checkpoint security program.
- Responsible for keeping records that are used to report on patterns or other activities
- Monitor all incoming and outgoing persons
- Record reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as the presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police of fire department in case of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized/non-co-operative persons
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor, Manager, Director, or the CAO.
- Client Focus
- Strong morals and ethics
- A commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Valuing Cultural Diversity
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people skills
- Positive, helpful attitude.